The Tooth Doctors
A Resolution for 2014 You Can Smile About
January 14, 2014 by Stefanie
As we say goodbye to 2013 many of us like to plan a resolution for the year ahead. The only issue is that so many of them are almost impossible to stick to! If you haven’t already made a New Year’s resolution, why not make one that you can smile about? Setting a goal of good dental health is easy and it can benefit your overall health too. By using these simple tips you can easily maintain good oral health all year long.
1. Brush your teeth at least two times a day. Brushing your teeth properly removes plaque from the surface before it hardens into tartar build-up that can only be treated by your dental hygienist.
2. Change your toothbrush on a regular basis. When you notice your bristles starting to fray and fan out, this is a good indicator to get a new one.
3. Floss your teeth daily. Flossing is the only way to remove debris from in between your teeth that a toothbrush can’t reach.
4. Eat healthy meals and snacks. Good nutrition is important in maintaining good dental health.
5. Visit your dentist for regular checkups. Routine dental cleanings and examinations are the best way to make sure that your teeth and gums stay healthy. Having up to date dental x-rays is also important in detecting any issues at an early stage.
6. Drink lots of water. Maintaining an adequate amount of moisture in our mouths is very important to our oral health. Water helps with salivary flow, which keeps our teeth clean and supplies them with minerals to keep them strong and prevent cavities.
If you follow these simple tips, you can have a great smile as well as the satisfaction of knowing that you are sticking to your New Year’s resolution of maintaining good dental health! The entire staff at The Tooth Doctors look forward to seeing your smiles in 2014!